Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reflections...

Below is our New Years post from last year. As you'll see mentioned I'm not huge on "Resolutions" but what the hell, calls them like you sees them! Let's see how we did...


Farewell 2011, you've been wonderful to us...

Needless to say 2011 was a wonderful year for the Riedel family and I was sad to see it go. 2012 has big shoes to fill though we'd be just fine with a quieter year. As a family we have a few goals for the year (I don't believe in resolutions):

*Spend more time with friends - new and old - We definitely spent more time with friends this year in some really intentional ways. Just after the first of the year our dear friends Jason and Maureen made a life changing decision to move their lives to Madison, WI. We were heartbroken to say the least but it just reaffirmed our commitment to the friendship and we've made great efforts to see each other regularly and will continue to do so into 2013 and beyond! Overall we honored this commitment by making great efforts to spend time with friends in the Twin Cities and Michigan throughout the year. We are blessed to have so many amazing people to share our lives with - thank you! 

*Be more present with ourselves, others and our son - Gosh, this really is a work in progress. I often think about my Grandma and Grandpa Hoeksema (Nana's parents) and how shocked and probably appalled they would be at all the technological distractions that exist today. Even as I sit here I'm on the laptop, my phone is to my left and I can see the Ipad.Like I said, a work in progress.

*Save money, pay debt - We've done relatively well here but there is always room for improvement. 

*Continue to explore our beloved city through our son's eyes - If there was one Resolution that we properly conquered this year it is this one! We've found and explored things that in the 10 years I've lived here I never knew existed. It's been a very fun year of exploration. 

*Fingers crossed* get pregnant with baby #2 - This didn't happen for us this year. We have very, very high hopes for 2013! 

Just a few. These days simple is good, less is more...


SO - what's on the docket for 2013??!! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment