Friday, August 17, 2012

favorite things...

The weeks after we've been on vacation are really tough on all of us. After being able to be together 24/7 going back to work full-time is excruciating. So, in light of just trying to make it through the day until I can be with him again I thought I'd share some of my recent "favorite things" that Aidan is doing or is into these days, so here goes:

: (Big) dogs - it's funny that he is only interested in the big ones, I think he takes for granted the small ones because he's around Gus and LoLa all the time. We have two Dobermans (Ava & Ivy) that live across the street that are surprisingly sweet and he is obsessed, we visit often. 

: Horses - it all began the weekend the Preakness horse race was on television. The Preakness/Kentucky Derby and Belmont are horse races that Aaron and I have gotten into the habit of enjoying each year and so we had on the Preakness and Aidan was immediately transfixed. Each time the race would end he would get upset until we "jumped" back for him to be able to watch it again (thank heavens for DVR). Since that time he's been infatuated. 

***I'll just pause here to say that the two mentions above are reason enough for anyone to feel assured that this kid is mine as dogs and horses are at the top of my favorites list. Moving on...

: Kung Fu Panda - if you remember a few months ago I posted pictures of him watching it for the first time...let's just say it's not gotten old for him. We have Kung Fu Panda and Kung Fu Panda 2 DVR'd and he watches bits a pieces of both throughout the week. He doesn't care for any other form of television and we don't care for him to care for it but he loves Po the panda and all his warrior friends. 

: Golf clubs - he's not exactly clear on what it's meant to be used for but he loves to always have one on hand, I think it's because he sees Dada carry one so often. Very sweet. 

: Balls - kicking them, throwing them, holding them

: Books - since day one we've always read to him but it wasn't until more recently that he is really, really into sitting and flipping through each page of several books at a time. Love it. 

: Nighttime cuddles - recently Aidan has been more interested in letting me hold him even after he's finished his bottle. I gently run my fingers over his face and through his hair and he lays in my arms with his eyes closed allowing me to soothe him until I'm ready to let him go for the night.

: Giving kisses/blowing kisses and getting kisses - we are a very affectionate family and because of this Aidan is too. He is always more then happy to give kisses, blow kisses and receive kisses and with those big, full lips of his - who could resist?!

: Being outside - I love how much this kid loves to just be outside. Most nights we play in the backyard and Aidan will wander around exploring all the nooks and crannies. Smelling flowers, collecting sticks, tearing apart leaves and sitting in his blue Adirondack chair.

: Cereal bars - enough said, he loves 'em.

: Drinking out of puddles of standing water - seriously. It's sort of gross but really adorable. Aidan will find a puddle of water, splash in it and then bend down and try and drink from it. 

: Sleep - this kids loves his sleep. He averages 12 hours at night and a 3-4 hour nap each afternoon, I wish. 

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Aidan a little better :-).

Love, His Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment